What is Yoga?
Yoga is a healing system of theory and practice. It is a combination of breathing exercises, physical postures, and meditation that has been practiced for more than 5,000 years. Yoga is among the oldest known systems of health practiced in the world today.
What are the benefits of Yoga?
- Improves strength, balance and circulation.
- Increases flexibility, energy and concentration.
- Heightens awareness of posture and breathing.
- Compliments sports training.
- Relieves joint stress and pain.
- Stimulates the immune system.
- Reduces stress and relieves tension.
- Creates sense of well-being and restores calmness.
- Promotes interdependence between mind, body and spirit.
- Develops functional fitness for daily life activity.
- Improves the way your body looks and feels.
In short yoga makes you feel better. Practicing the postures, breathing exercises and meditation makes you healthier in body, mind and spirit. Yoga lets you tune in, chill out and shape up – all at the same time.
What do I need to bring to class?
Wear exercise clothing and come prepared to let go of your expectations. Bring a bottle of water, hand towel and yoga mat. Mats are available for rent or purchase at the studio.
How do I get started?
- First week is only $20 for local residents. For other pricing options click here.
- If you are new to yoga we recommend Gentle Yoga, Candlelight Yoga, Gentle Tone or LifeCore 1 classes.
If you have some yoga experience we encourage you to try any of our classes.
- Once a month we offer FREE LifeCore Start class for first time students. This introduction to yoga will provide you with the basic tools to get started. The intimate group experience offers a safe, nurturing and inspiring setting to begin your yoga journey. Click here to register.
- The Beginner Workshop meets once each week for 3 weeks, and is for those wanting an effective and tailored start to yoga. Specifically designed for beginners this workshop provides a safe environment where everyone is new to yoga. Click Here to register.
- We also offer a Beginner Private Yoga package, a great one on one way to be introduced to yoga. This includes a 75 minute private lesson and your first month of unlimited yoga for only $189. Email email@example.com to schedule
- View the most up to date class schedule here. Reservations are recommended but not required.
- Doors open 15 minutes before class. Please arrive at least 10 minutes prior to meet your instructor and fill out a short “New Student” form.
Still have questions?
We are happy to answer any questions you may have and guide you to a class that will suit your personal goals and conveniently fit into your schedule. Call Allison at (612) 986-7216.